A lot of people believes that you have to have a rather large, new car to have enough room for a rear facing car seat. It is not so. In the Norwegian market to day it exists rear facing car seats which will fit into smaller cars such as for example: VW Polo, Nissan Micra, Mazda 121, 323 og Peugot 105 og 306. That means that there should be a possibility to find a rear facing seat that fits in your car, but it is important to try different seats to find the seat that fits perfect in your car. It is not a good idea to just go out and buy a car seat, it is important to try it in the car first.
Overview of rear facing car seats available in Norway(the infant seats are not included in this list):
- Akta Graco Cosmic Comfort 0 - 25 kg, approved up till 18 kg in the backseat and 25 kg in the front seat(NB! It it not allowed to have a rear facing child in the front seat where there is an active airbag).
- Akta Graco DuoLogic 0 - 18 kg, can be mounted with either isofix, 2 point seatbelt or 3 point seatbelt.
- Bimbo Fix Fair 0-18 kg, isofix
- Brio Zento 0 - 25 kg
- Britax FixWay 0 - 18 kg, isofix.
- Britax Hi-Way 0 - 25 kg
- Britax Secura 0 - 25 kg
- Britax Two Way Elite 9 - 25 kg
- MaxiCosi Mobi 9 - 25 kg